Close your eyes. It’s Sunday morning; you have zero plans for the day. You slowly crawl your way out of bed after a good night’s rest, grab a cup of your favorite tea or coffee and two or three of these soft and chewy sugar cookies, and sit down on the couch to cuddle with your cat and scroll through the morning’s feed. Life is good.
I wish that I could say that I am genius baker and came up with this awesome recipe all on my own, but Lord knows I definitely did not. Here’s the link to the original recipe from A Latte Food. I cannot stress how easy this recipe was. It only took me about 10 minutes to make the dough while my dinner was finishing up on the stove. I was able to pop them in the oven while my fiancé and I ate dinner and they were out and cooling by the time we were done. This recipe is awesome!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick spray (because otherwise that would just be tragic).
- In a large bowl, whip the softened butter and sugar together until well combined. I used a whisk, but a hand mixer works too (if you think your fancy or something).
- Add the egg, vanilla. Whip it real good.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. At this point I gave up on the whisk and used my (clean) hands to scrunch up the dough until it became…dough-y (don’t judge).
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, then dip them in the extra 1/4 cup of granulated sugar to get a nice coating on the tops.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until they have set (I ended up putting mine in for an extra 4 minutes or so, but I made my cookies a bit bigger. Just trust your instincts).
- Allow to cool before enjoying!